Initiative Checks

At the start of a battle, each combatant makes an initiative check. An initiative check is a dexterity check. Each character applies his or her dexterity modifier to the roll. Characters act in order, counting down from highest result to lowest. In every round that follows, the characters act in the same order.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hunger Games and D&D


I just saw the Hunger Games (I read the book first). All I can say is: Great Movie! However all throughout I was thinking, how can I turn this into a D&D game? Any ideas people? Of course you could always use the elements you saw in the movie (fire, dogs with human faces, lots of blood) or you could come up with some of your own. Changing the setting to fantasy is easy if your game uses magic. If you have an idea for a challenge, please comment!

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely see the RPG potential here. Suzanne Collins said she was writing about war, which is in and of itself a strategy situation often role-played before it is fought. I think we'd all be shocked at how designed and engineered war is if we knew the truth. Right down to manipulating the spectators...
    You should work the idea of the tracker jackers or the mocking jays into a game.

    ReplyDelete